Wednesday, November 10, 2010

visiting stac.

Luke interviewed me about college, and I should have been better prepared. But everyone, any by 'everyone' I point a finger at my brother, laughed when I said keeping my room clean was important to me.


Your room is your home base. You sleep, work, eat, live in it. And living in a room with dirty dishes in the sink, crumbs on the floor, cockroaches under the bed, how does that affect your work? What does that say about your ethic, your process of working, your life?


I've started reading Vision in Motion. The school library's copy is from 1947. The book is about how the impacts of the industrial revolution have been intellectual, but people could not keep up emotionally with production and global thinking. the book dictates a new art curriculum that properly teaches emotional expression in a post-industrial revolution society.

No comments:

Post a Comment