Wednesday, January 19, 2011

these are some drawings

I believe some of the colors have been changed a little from the original scan, because photoshop tends to screw with jpegs.

The first is a combination of the words 'science' and 'art', in friendly bubble letters, colored with crayons. It's also a practice in translucency, which I think worked out decently well considering I used yellow and blue (which have drastic intensity/value differences).
The second is.... it's like when someone is talking, and you're not really listening, but you just nod? This is what I thought the writing version of that is. I figured that out while I was doing it, because I realized it was like writing without paying attention to anything. It's like someone in a movie pretending they know sign language, and flailing/gesturing so that it looks like sign language, but it's still ishkabibble.


As a note for the future, this is my first time using a scanner at Pratt (my scanner/printer/fax/copier was too bulky for my room), and it's rather lovely. It also makes R2D2 sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment