Sunday, August 16, 2009

tea

Before I left Art League (friday was the last day), I asked Ganes if I should do anything for AP next year. He sorta stared at me (I had done a lot of art already). He said that maybe I should do research on my concentration: Fairytales.
For 'Fairytales', I'm using less literary figures (Tom Sawyer, the Mad Hatter) and more for the cultural story collections and children's rhymes. Grimm, Hans Christian Andersen, other rhymes (Jack and the Candlestick, Little Boy Blue). I still need to research where these all came from. I should look up Aesop, too, but there aren't many well-known fables (cept the tortoise and the hare).
Don't read Water for Elephants. I don't know why school wants me to read about animal cruelty, spousal abuse, a failing sex life, and more animal cruelty. But I do know that no book we've read in school contains anything about sex being a positive, natural thing. We've learned about incest and rape and pedophilia, but no book has sex in a positive sense.
The problem with this is that the world normally doesnt run on incest and rape and pedophilia. They shouldn't be teaching us that.
I got a lot of tea yesterday, from my aunt and from etsy.

2 comments:

  1. Have you every been to Adagio? There's all kinds of good tea on their website. You can even make your own blends. I love tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the place where you make your own?

    ReplyDelete