Today I met a wonderful little boy at my cousin's graduation party. He was playing something with a lacrosse stick, and charging into a garage. I asked what war his was playing in, and he said 'No war. Dinner.' It turns out that he was a paleolithic-age hunter. We had a long discussion about the different theories of human evolution and of migration patterns out of Africa.
I wish there were more people like this kid, who knew that the Neanderthals probably died out due to climate changes and that Homo erectus was the original humanoid species to leave Africa, not Homo sapien. He reminded me that I'm not exactly normal.
I am more worried about moving in with people I don't know than the other parts of college. Will I be about to have a conversation about human evolution? What about talking to people about Metropolis? Will anyone geek with me about the history of Disney animation? Or Star Trek? I know so much. So much that I'm not using during the summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment