Friday, September 10, 2010

figure drawing, lcd hw, and

These are from today. Technically, I did a lot more than these, but I don't have a camera yet to take pictures of my figure drawings.

1./2. Figure drawing was on the 4th floor, so I put the camera out the window and took pictures.
3. Girl with string in her hair (I thought it was really interesting), drawing, while the teacher was talking. We have to take notes on his lectures/critiques. It's fine, really, because it's reference. His hand formed the position on the left.
4. We started drawing and then a minute in he said 'stop, tear it out'. Then, we went over the drawings, and we were instructed about beginnings. Mine was pointed out and used as an example; you may be able to see the darker marks he made on the right hip, arm, ankle, and crotch.
5. LCD hw, drawing of the hedge, in midday. I may go over it to make the darks darker and to make the pinkish sidewalk have actual shadow.
6. Animal-drawings were part of our hw, and we put them on the walls and talked about how to start and structure a drawing. Magenta caran d'ache, aka super-special-expensive crayon.

I've had 2 figure drawing classes and 1 extra 3-hour session, and I need a new pad of newsprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment