I have 15 minutes left of an off period, and I'm realizing that the blog is falling into ruin. I've been extremely busy, and I've been waiting to hear from colleges. Especially CalArts. Things are coming to an end, and I'm moving on, but I want to keep going with this blog. A1-bqx. The name of a box from UPS.
I've been working on a sea monster painting. It's totally expressionist, except for the color choices (which are decently straightforward, when compared with pointillism's contrasting colors and detail). The peace is simple: a great sea-dragon, towering over a small steamship. The lighting isn't 100%, but I liked painting. I'll bring in a camera one day.
I also don't want to lose myself in the realm of abstract expressionism. I'll go crazy. Yesterday, we did the charcoal abstract expressionist exercise in STAC, and it makes too much sense to me. You cannot turn words around the same idea, to see it in a different light. I can't, I don't know how other people think around issues or problems. It's much easier (and scarier) to turn a picture upside down, and look at things in a different perspective.
I hope I'm going to California next year. I know what I want to do, I know where I want to do it, but the latter decision is not totally made by me.
Totally. In total. Awesome. Full of awe. Terrible. Terrifying. Why aren't these words used correctly anymore?
Off to class.
No comments:
Post a Comment