I'm sure there will be similar posts by the end of the week, but I can't go to church around Easter without going over Jesus Christ Superstar (one of the only Andrew Lloyd Weber musicals I really like) and Godspell, that crazy, horrible, pathetically executed musical I preformed a few years ago.
My Easter my isn't made of peeps and chocolate. It's made of going to church for each holy day, reciting passages with hundreds of people (like a play), and singing the saddest, then happiest, music. Every piece in minor chords, then Easter happens, there's a rebirth, and the music is in major chords.
There's something special, though, about memorizing four-part-harmonies in Latin. When all the notes are together, when a chord resolves, when the sopranos actually hit that high G. It's like Fuerzebruta, when there's a ceiling of water and plastic. But this time, you're in that bubble, and there's something beautiful about it.
Now, there is much stac-work to be done, much research to do, and much pokemon to be played.
No comments:
Post a Comment