a painting design today. it was supposed to be based on the still-life, and either based on Surreilism or Impressionism or some mixture of both. I've been looking at that still-life for too long, so I went with a more surreil approach. I designed my own chess set, basically, which took me an hour to figure out. It was a lot of fun, though. Then there was the grid of the chess-set, from the POV of the board (more or less). Two vanishing points. It was a great workout.
Initial gnome designs:
Secondary shape-based thumbnails:

More final sketchbook designs, K Q B. The queen has another dagger in her other hand behind her back. Heh.
The knight and rook. shouldn't the rook really be bird-shaped. . .
Sketchbook page, the pawns (notated as 'x'). They are indeed poor serfs with farming equipment and minimal details. They don't even have another hand. Technically, they should be righties, so I'll have to change that.






No comments:
Post a Comment