FIT SUMMER CLASS:
REAL figure drawing! yes! And wait a sec- actual friends? this is quite an interesting experience, blah blah blah no seriously wow my social skills are lagging. But appearantly, I'm one of the more experienced drawers in the class.the teacher collects drawings, so each night I'll have to load photos here. Some came out a lot better than others.
NYC AND THE ZOO:
New York City has so many tourists. The group psychology is amazing. There are so many languages- just today, there were families speaking in Spanish Spanglish Italian (methinks) Czech? Japanese, Germanic something. And there was a Scottish couple and an Irish grannie and a Southern family. And I'll never forget the black kid that walked up to me and goes "Whatcha doin'?", in total City fashion (the answer was "drawin' ").
I know the animals after 8 hours at the Central Park Zoo. There aren't that many, and I mostly like drawing birds. So fast, but all with the same basic shapes. Plus I learn more bird anatomy every Thanksgiving (vegetarians cringe).
My favorite favorite bird is the Long-Tailed Hornbill. Parrots are just silly compared to the personalities of these. I swear, they pose for pictures. The picture on the Wiki site is one of the Central Park birds.
No comments:
Post a Comment