I've missed a few important things. There was the Coan party, there are a lot of drawings, and there have been class changes, that have altered my perspective on the people around me. But switch 2 and 3.
Coan.
A lot of things were written on my page. I loved the format, and I know that we could never have pulled it off last year or the year before. Consider the truth written on your pages testimony to a Stac class of good people.
"Why can't life be simple and work my way?"
At first, I laughed a little at this, because of its truth. 'My way' is a childish thing, a safety net, and sometimes its the only way I know how to do something. And I know I always want things to be simpler. Even if something starts simple and is built from there, I know how it's simple. There's a comfort in that, too. Maybe 'comfort' is my third core value.
Changing People.
I learned a few things today.
One, there are nice idiots, then there are status-needing, womanizing, spineless idiots. I have no patience for the latter. This comes from an incident in class. I will not be the only kid who does work in a group.
Two, I'm not the only one who watches Jeopardy every day.
Three, I live in a different world than a lot of people. Today in Psych, we were asked to name all the seven dwarves. So I did. I didn't understand what the big deal was. It happens during Jeopardy, too. "Oh, I just saw a documentary about Biblical Wars a few months ago". There's a reality check.
New drawings. These aren't just from play rehearsal.
I like the Lord of the Rings movies, but I want them separate from my own ideas from the book. So, I drew a basic Legolas and Aragorn. Both are missing very important parts of their dress, but I wanted their faces to be not-pretty. Legolas is from the northern elves, and I got the idea that those elves have half-sweaters. Aragorn also actually looks old here. He spends a lot of him time looking towards Gondor and saying 'oh, how I wish I were ruling my fair nation' and whatnot. It's not finished. They're missing cloaks and all sorts of necessary parts.
These are doll designs for Carousel. I would love to have a made doll onstage rather than something from someone's house. It's very geometric. The doll is also like, what the character Louise is expected to be: quiet, demure, with a nice dress and apron.
This is what I worked on today, all in pen, all from memory. Originally, one of the girls on stage stood like this, so I drew the angles. Then it got out of control. I should get back to another figure drawing class. I need to give Ganes back his amazing pen. Hand and foot hiding. Her left shoulder bothers me a bit.
"Every time they make a Robin Hood movie, they burn our villiage down!" -Robin Hood, Men in Tights.



No comments:
Post a Comment