An Artist's Statement.
Rough. It's wanting, the phrase is.
My art almost always includes a sense of movement. It comes in the form of a repetition of a shape or line quality, or a physical movement from a model. I'm also consistently moving in my own life. And, everything is moving all the time all around me. As an artist, I'm interested in converting movement outside an artpiece to movement inside and art piece.
I'm also trying to form art and science together. I must have both, and I know there is a way to keep them both in my life and keep them in my art. At this point, I mostly use sciences and history to decide for or against keeping certain facts in my art.
My art ends up with a sense of repetition. Sometimes it's intentional, and sometimes it creeps up. The repetition and movement often work together. I also love to work with simple shapes and colors. I want to paint my life with them.
Core Values:
Arts and Sciences, together
Movement, change and sameness
Finding and Keeping Knowledge (sort of like Resourcefulness)
Artistic Issues:
Repetition
Opposites
Misunderstanding and attempted communication
Simplicity
No comments:
Post a Comment