Wednesday, February 11, 2009

2 day sum-up and quick workshop

workshop: im surprised how fearless we went at the foam-core - i thought last year's experience might have scarred people. im happy to work with a knife and the socializing was good. I have an inability to make straight lines with ruler or exact-o-knife, or to make right angles with anything. unfortunately, by the time pit was over the setpainting was also over. i try.
possible part-time job next year and over the summer at A Gathering of Artists (down the block from my house), where I would be taking Hea's place. Amazing opportunity. I need to thanks Ganes more.
antony and the johnsons- firstly i was introduced to transgender issues through the glory of Neil Gaiman's Sandman, which seems to have normal people characters. and I actually like antony's voice, and the feel of the songs. I can't concentrate on lyrics the first listen. But i like the guests. interesting distinction that im consistently reminded of: 'i like something' is a different phrase from 'its good music'. not relating to antony's music, its just that this has been a source of social discourse lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment