Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Yugenia (spelling?) workshop

Yugenia workshop- hoping to learn more european set design. a lot of the photographs weren't just "bushes on wheels" (Music Man actually has a tree on wheels). And the materials were more fabric that foamcore and recycled crapwood. there was a lot of puppets and puppetry, which reminds me once again that America doesn't like puppetry except in Tim Burton movies and Rennaisance fairs.
i'm glad that she likes my work but I sorta wish I could do more. like, having a few days to consider what the story means rather than going to a literal translation for the set. and the "we're going to make models after the design" definately startled me. But it's good that she told us that after many of us designed the sets, otherwise I know that my design would have been different.
i would love to work on the set but i have pit on wednesdays.

1 comment:

  1. There are many ways to work. You've had all weekend to consider the play and redesign if you like. So, feel free to do that.

    Google Bread and Puppets...

    ReplyDelete