Sunday, October 11, 2009

About figure drawing.

About figure drawing: the first time i had the experience was at a relatively empty class at Calarts, when I visited. In STAC, we had just learned a few months worth of myth, and the figure-drawing was a spiritual experience. It still is, to some level. And over the summer, at the FIT course, I learned so much. And I like being in a place with artists. And I like learning something new about the body every time I look up from my paper.
Appearantly, my cross-hatchings are really realistic:
This is from earlier in the summer:
And this is from yesterday:
I think this is from seeing a lot of etchings, done by some pretty crazy artists. Let's call this the 'hyper-realistic' drawing. Both pictures use the same kind of pen, too- Pilot V7. Or V5. Anyways, I feel like i show a better understanding of a person as a 3-dimensional figure in these. I think I'll do more of these.
I also want to find out more about my own style. What kind of eyes work best? I switch. How far do I want proportions go? I need to figure that one out, too.
The only way to do that is to keep drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment