Thursday, October 8, 2009

costume designs.

Some slightly rushed costume designs. At this point of the children's show, these are probably not correct anymore, since the script is being edited again. The presentation and discussion today was amazing, and the resulting changes in the show will probably make Caged Bird pretty damn decent.
What's being changed:
VIVIAN: she's not really poor anymore, which leaves me at a loss because it's so open. Maybe something more bird-like? The colors also remind me too much of the flag. late 30's fashion is something to look up. The clock-belt stays. Although the big-headed picture was second, I think the layered skirt looked nicer in the normal-headed picture.
COMMISSIONER: He has a straight, long coat (like Gormogon), because he isn't really out on the streets. He can look a little swankified. The mustache is gonna be good.
GORMOGON: got this one straight-on. The buttons have to be red. Has to be purple. Secondary colors are EVIL. I like the 'he knows things. He's an information guy' aspect. He really is a damn good villain.
JAMES: after hearing his part and looking at it again, the shorts have to go. He's not a child, and no one really treats
him like one. The vest stays. The pot-hat must go. Maybe. I like the vest, and the shirt is just about finding something white and dying it yellow with tie-dye colors.
After Halloween will be a good time for costume shopping. Then, I can get the mustache and silly hats. I also need to figure out costumes for Fiveheads, the minion, and Fabio the makeover man.

2 comments:

  1. very into the clockbelt, especially due to the cinderellaesque aspect of the pigeonness. Time's keeping her centered lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the clockbelt stays. Perhaps each of them should have some surreal aspect.

    ReplyDelete