Monday, October 5, 2009

Everybody's got the right to be happy....

Been listening to Assassins today (Everybody's got the right). The musical covers the motives behind presidential assassinations, and it's just so interesting.
Tomorrow I continue working on the pointillist piece (now that I have a middle green thanks luke), and I'm hoping to present it to STAC.
After Romanticism, I was going to work on a Romantic art piece with Hansel and Gretel. What's more Romantic that putting them on a path in the woods with a lantern and scary trees visually blocking the path at every end? Hopefully quill and ink.
Thumbnail and other doodles. The thumbnail isn't the first, it's planned. Cept the fallen tree should be more scary. Hansel's dropping the shining stones... I don't even know if he does that. The path is on the side of a slope, up on their left and down on their right. The pic doesn't really show that.
"Pilfered Waistcoat". Girl getting clothes from the remains of Princes... from a lot earlier in the year. The prince-killing princess. On the right is a version from last summer.

3 comments:

  1. i love the landscape with hansel and gretel, and i especially love the prince-killing princess. i've heard of prince-saving so that some kids movies can pretend to be nonsexist, but i much prefer a homicidal princess. that's just plain adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been working on her for a while. there's a large castle with a lot of horses (from the princes, of course), and the thicket of briar, and a witch-mother.

    ReplyDelete