Bassoon reeds. Get 5 blanks done by Wednesday. You start from actual reed, and you cut it down to size, add wires, add string, use pliers, hot water, hot wax, and nail-polish. After I make the blanks, I have to trim them down slowly and carefully into playable reeds. Then, I play them, and fix them more until the reed is perfect.
And I'm making a list for the next time I have to do this, and when I eventually lose the book.
This is after shaping, marking the wires, putting on 2 out of 3 wires, before putting on the string, and after shaping. See that big crack down the middle? From the middle to the bottom, especially around the lower wire. That's not supposed to be there. Fixed with nail polish.
The reed itself next to an existing blank, and its marks. The string wrapping. An almost-finished blank. And the string, nail polish, knife, and slide-rule that was used.
I really really want to hear from colleges.
No comments:
Post a Comment