Sunday, October 18, 2009

concerts and consistancies.

There are a lot of things. First, is that I went to my first real concert. 4 bands played, but people went to see Ludo. I've been to Peter Paul and Mary concerts, I've been to Warped tour, but this was a nice room with really decent people. Everyone sang every song ludo played. And I feel like I learned a lot about lighting from the stage.
I was singing along with this soft song, Topeka, and afterwards this girl in front of me turns around and says 'you have a beautiful voice'. And I was like 'umm... thanks'. It was unexpected, but it actually made me feel good.
At Penn station afterwards, i witnessed a young guy trying to ask out this woman, but apparently she only spoke spanish. He said 'you know, only 30% of what I'm saying is words', which i was gonna high-five him for. She didn't understand a word, politely walked off to her train.
People smile because there's danger. Because in apes, when you show teeth, it means there's danger. That's why men like slapstick- it's physical danger. I don't know where the joy is from, but I've started using a smile to show that something's wrong. I want to see who will get it.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting post. I'm glad to see the acting is rubbing off on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's just a different way of looking around you.

    ReplyDelete