I'm almost done with the Book (or Part) 1 of Lord of the Rings, meaning I have about four to go and I'm about halfway through the Fellowship. Book 2 has the Rivendell Council, and I can't wait.
Today, about eight STAC people went to theater workshops at Adelphi college, and we sort of had an awakening. It wasn't 'we're better than everyone'. It was more like 'wow we really have learned a lot of important art culture'. Personally, I didn't learn a whole lot of new things about making props or stage makeup or scene painting. I should have signed up for classes I didn't know anything about.
I realize I can be decently egotistical sometimes, but I try not to make people feel bad. And I really hope it doesn't get in the way of my work.
UPDATE ON CHILDREN'S SHOW SET
I duct-taped a bedsheet to my ceiling, turned off my light, and put my night-stand light behind it. I'm so happy the idea works. Now, I just wish I could get a flood light and a larger sheet, and get the powers above to approve of my light-cloth-cardboard set.
John is terrorizing my paper-city. The paper isn't really solid.
I found out how to turn off flash in the later ones, rather than covering it up.
The idea has quite a few flaws in it. This is okay for little kids, but regular kids (6-8) are probably gonna want something more substantial. Thanks, Zach, for bringing me down to ground.
If it is directed correctly kids of all ages will like it. THe bigger problem is using the actors - you're not planning on covering them up with a sheet the whole time, are you? Also - where would you use something like this in the story? How does this idea express themes of the script?
ReplyDeleteIs this an idea you want to do? Or is it an idea that suits the show?
ahhhh
ReplyDeleteI don't know why characters would be behind the sheet, but it was originally an idea so that there would be a pigeon without becky in a pigeon suit.
I think the themes now are more 'time' and 'communication' and less about 'good and evil' than they were before.
I've still got a lot of things to work out.