Wednesday, October 7, 2009

what about

I feel like ignoring responsibilities and watching pixar movies all night. But I need to paint some primal costume designs and come up with a list of set design limitations.
I feel like my standards are so high I can't reach them and only DaVinci and Schiele can touch them. I feel like I can do anything, so why am I doing this? It can always be better. Do not blame the world for boredom. Blame yourself. For you are not poet enough to call forth it's riches. Rilke.
In response to molly and niki: I don't have it, it's never been part of my world, but I'm surrounded by it.

4 comments:

  1. i'm not sure. A someone? Love? A stupid teenage relationship?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you compare yourself to you, you'll see you're moving forward wonderfully, at the rate you are suppose to move. I wonder what sort of standards Schiele had at 17? Were they so different than yours? Always depressing to compare yourself to artists mid-career when you've yet to even begin yours, really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comparing is sort of a thing i need to get out of. No more judging 'are they better than me? How?'. but i feel like thats what a lot of the college application process is built up around.

    ReplyDelete