Sunday, November 1, 2009

"Henchmen" is sexist. We prefer "Henchpersons".

The idea behind this is simple: fighting a super villain is fucking scary. You're gonna get beat up, you're gonna hafta fight back, and you're gonna have to hurt henchpersons. No one ever thinks of those mangled up henchpersons who just answered an ad. And then, you go home, and you probably have to pretend nothing's wrong. And then you have to do it again.
I'm not too happy with the drawing (reasons below*), but i like the concept. So I'm gonna draw her again. I think her name's wrench. which is sort of a play on wretch.
*She's roughly based off this character, with the overalls changing into something robe-like.
Then, I started trying to figure out where the arms were, and that ended in a disaster with highly flexible scapulas.
And the hand is unnatural.
And her legs took half the page to figure out.
And I don't know how overalls work.
and the way her legs carry weight is weird.
and I don't know anything about wrenches.
It's important to note that while I worked in pen, most of the page was covered in studies for the hand and face and legs. I'll try to get them up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment