Wednesday, November 4, 2009

thief and the cobbler.

The Shadow, the Pusher from Kontroll, is the negative thing inside people that make them jump. It's also the train that kills you. No one sees it, it's always moving, it's always there. I truly believe this is what the Shadow is. I believe in Bulscu!
Rilke said that you cannot blame the world around you. Blame yourself. For YOU are not artist enough to see its beauty. So that's what I have to do. Be fearless. Be comfortable with being alone. Thanks, spiritual guide.
I've been working on a still-life containing a woman's torso, a dog skull, a nose, and a wooden toy train. I had had the idea to add clouds in the background. a few days ago I decided that while some of the clouds are clouds, another may have a wooden texture. Another may be rock. It made perfect sense. I was thinking about this before, and I was wondering what it means to consider that many options, options people would label folly.

No comments:

Post a Comment