There's a quote my mom says a lot, from some sort of family tv show. There is a sad little boy, who says "Mommy, they're impeaching my president! And the kids in school are just learning how to tell time."
I'm navigating my life with neolithic mythology, while people my age don't know how to read an analog clock. What are these kids gonna do in college when they have to find their own meals and do their own laundry? Will mother still be there to do it? What do you learn about living in a world of adults if you live in a communal house with no real adult? What am I gonna do?
National Portfolio Day. It could have gone worse. I could have been told I have no chance at all ever. I hated the feeling that they had such low expectations for me. It's not a person's fault, though. 'Do you know about our character animation program?' I should have answered 'I've read and reread everything on the website, visited the school, taken a class at the school, and I'm part of the forum based around the program'. I said, 'uhh, yeah.'
Everything could always be worse.
I shall consult Rilke's Letters on these grave matters.
No comments:
Post a Comment