Friday, December 11, 2009

Peace of Mind

I understand about indecision
I don't care if I get behind
People livin' in competition
All I want is to have some peace of mind.


This is George. I think either the shutter speed was slow or my hands just can't keep still.


I got to join Juliana's portfolio review, and questioning artsy things.
Where do you want to go with art? I don't know right now.
Would you rather make your own project with a mentor or be given projects? The first, definitely.


I've been working with underpainting on two pieces. I think I once heard, but I'm not sure, that a layer of complementary color makes the other complementary color on top either stand out more or decrease in saturation.
One painting is a landscape containing an invisible castle, and I did the second layer (after the base offwhite color) in shades of pinks, from red (closer) to white (farthest). I hope that when the painting is painted green, some of the pink will still stand out. I was also thinking of keeping the pink and drypainting the green on top of it.
The other piece was started today, a portrait of the Queen of Hearts, based on this painting of Louis XIII. I've been wanting to put her in a time, but Luke basically said no research, no one notices. So I'll do no research and try not to claw my eyes out.

2 comments:

  1. NO! I never said do no research!!!! I always research! I said don't worry about mixing periods and getting some details wrong!

    ReplyDelete