Friday, December 25, 2009

Zombie, Fela Kuta, and Christmas.

Merry Christmas. No 'whad'jaget?', just that I have another large sketchbook. The extended family went, ooh, ahh, draw something, so I found a marker and showed off. I drew a self-portrait, and I like this one. There is enough going wrong with this picture in 'reality' that i'm just leaving it alone.
     I remember seeing a Man Ray figure-drawing and thinking 'I couldn't get into college with this.' And I smiled a bit because it's a little pathetic. On one hand, Man Ray is just a person. On the other hand, what am I expecting colleges to expect? Am I an intellectual artist? Can I be?
I've been listening to Fela Kuti's Zombie.

Attention!
Quick march!
Slow march!

Left turn!
Right turn!
About turn!
Double up!
Salute!
Open your hat!
Stand at ease!
Fall in!
Fall out!
Fall down!
Get ready!

Halt!



No comments:

Post a Comment