Sunday, December 13, 2009

too much history channel as a child


I spent today in the city doing everything except figure drawing. I got to draw animals at the zoo and I figured out a cardboard suit of armor from the Met Museum.


Armor. I like the simple examples of Gothic German armor and the Italian armor of the 15th century. Basically, knights were still fighting in wars, the armor wasn't unnecessarily decorated (that happens in the Renaissance), and I don't have flutes running everywhere, as in German armor. There are also a lot of things you can do with metal that I can't replicate with cardboard. I took notes:




And this is Gus the polar bear.


I think, because I don't have science or history as classes, I'm overcompensating. It's great to study something interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Polar bears <3 So cute. Was it's name really Gus?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah. i forget the female's name, though. They're like big dogs.

    ReplyDelete