Listening to Peace of Mind, Boston, over and over again. The whole house has been singing it since this morning. We even did Axel Rose covers. Best voice to imitate.For the last two nights, I watched Alice on SciFi (screw the name change). It reminded me how much I needed to read the original Wonderland stories. Last year, SciFi did a similar change to Wizard of Oz, called Tin Man. Both stories were changed with central plots around technology, running a nation, and family relationships. It's like having two movies made by the same crew. Everything is so similar.
I don't know who designed Tin Man and Alice, but I like it. Something is a little too modern, a little too budget-tight. It was do-able. Except for a forest, general setting, lighting, facial hair, and a considerable amount of basic sewing. And I totally disagree with a lot of the plot and characters, but I like it. Some things explained too much, some things never are mentioned again, and sometimes, badassery ensues.
Self-portrait, used a mirror, I need to do something in art class before I implode. It took up a whole page, and I didn't crop it here.
I think my next project will definitely involve the Queen of Hearts. Not Alice, just the Queen and her minions.
Love the drawing!
ReplyDeletesknaht
ReplyDelete