Part of what I'm looking for is what I do. Everyone has a specific handwriting, line quality, mode of speech. What am I like with painting?
I got a lesson from the Food Network on how to properly cut a whole chicken from the supermarket. I can't say it doesn't interest me. Some part of my anatomy learnings are waiting for the chance to understand how my meat is cut. It's not sick or disgusting- it's what happens. If I'm gonna eat meat, I want to make sure I'm not shy about it. Except for the killing part.
Movie to look up: The Thief and the Cobbler. Or the Princess and the Cobbler. There are so many different versions of the film. Hand-animated, by Richard Williams (Who Framed Roger Rabbit animator), and it has some killer backgrounds.
Running on a stage blindfolded is one of my greatest hells. I've been on that stage in the dark before, but this is having someone else lead you. And then having to run. And listening to everyone else running around you. Holy Shit. I'm an artist- without my eyes life gets a lot harder. I don't always trust the people around me. No offense, but everyone makes mistakes. And then I get lead through the halls, and I try not to remember where I am and let Taoism* take it's toll. I felt like I had more fun leading blind Ashley around, and I connected more with my other senses that way. I had to think of things to explore without my eyes. What's interesting? What can I smell and feel and hear? I liked the leading when we were running, too.
Romanticism is in the works.
*Taoism: The present is beautiful and fun. Read some of the Tao of Pooh.


No comments:
Post a Comment