Wednesday, September 16, 2009

listening to music for the feeling of it.

I take sociology, psychology, and economics. my other classes are ART. A lot of times, the academics blend together. I think I understand sociology more than psychology. I can trust the predictability of a large group of people, not a single person.
Back in middle school I think I went through a phase that would have been emo if I'd come out of the introspective bubble. I was just lost in the sea of Middle School politics and didn't have the skills to understand people. On some level, I could say to myself "Isn't it great that I'm unique?". On another level, not being part of your own society felt unnatural.
In high school, I started drawing a lot. People. People are so interesting. I found a great book on basic nonverbal cues. I got better at drawing and seeing and recognizing cues. I'm still working on it. Try understanding the intricacies of conversation: how to start and end, how to break away, how to subtly hint at things. There are so many social things I still have to learn.
As an artist, this is my Golden rule.
NEVER PUT DOWN YOUR OWN WORK.
How many people break that rule? Too many.

No comments:

Post a Comment