listening to 5/4, Gorillaz. I know they're not good musically, but w/e. iTunes on random: Rockin' the Paradise (Styx), Fuzzy and Blue (and Orange!) (Sesame Street), I was Meant for the Stage (Decemberists).
Student teaching. My mom was a lawyer, then stayed home to raise 4 kids, and now that the youngest is gonna be going into Middle school, she's getting her teaching degree. She's student teaching a 9th grade history class. Not too much homework, but like a little paragraph every night, and I think that's fair.
She came to me this afternoon with her book and asked me if this was a boy's handwriting. Cursive letters, neat, straight, little circles over the I's. No teenage guy has neat handwriting. Plus the name was spelt wrong. We come up with a decent plan of attack: collect the notes from the day's class. I wonder how much he's paying her.
Second.
Alex Kebabs and Grilled Soccer
3 pounds Alex sirloin
1 Hawaiian pineapple
1 soccerball
Assorted Peace and Love flowers
Ground Manhattan seasoning
12 skewers
Cut up the pineapple, sirloin, and skewer them with the flowers (check for bugs). Cut up the soccer ball. Grill somewhere outside, preferably on a beach. Make sure to season the kebabs and the grilled soccer ball in the last minutes before eating.
Third. Everything happens in 3s.
Tee shirt design.
One of my ideas, the one I'd go with, is a darkish purple shirt with the emblem of a golden yellow Chimera on the side, in total medieval style. The Heraldic term is segreant, a wingled quadreped on its hind legs. With parts from Bear, Eagle, Lion, Horse, Dragon, and Hart, perhaps. Or antelope. I think these are noble animals, 6 of them to represent the diciplines, all coming together to make this one sort of wonderful beast. Not aggressive, bit it's a symbol of togetherness. And one color is cheap. And I want something I can wear. And the 6 animals will be represented separately on the back.
It's fallable, but workable. I don't have a visual, because I still don't know exactly what's happening. But I don't want a shirt with a logo that had nothing to do with the slogan.
No comments:
Post a Comment