Listening to Peter Paul and Mary. Mary Travers died from Leukemia on Sept. 16th. I've been to their concerts every year, and in New York all the kids would bring her sunflowers before Puff the Magic Dragon. After a whole day of repeated music, I feel like crying and joining an anti-war march at the same time.
Tomorrow I'm going into the city to join an open-studio figure drawing session. I'm a little scared. I've gone to the city alone, and I've done figure drawing before, but some of these people will have had 20+ years of experience more than me.
I am not a poet. I think I've had to read too many bad poems in grade school. It's not something I read normally, and not something I particularly care to work on. Nothing against poets. It's just not for me.
This is based on the poem "Little Tear-Vase".
I've started reading a color-theory book that's above my head. I was trying to take notes with watercolor, but things didn't work out. I started doing more Klee-impersonations. Red and Vest ('Blue' was not an option. What if we were taught that this color was called Vest?). They are full 11 x 8in usually.
I also had the feeling of a painting. a Drawing. Art that you need to look at but cannot because of an emotion that is private. I started writing out my limitations, which make ideas flow better: Big Emotion, Colors, The whole thing should be made of simple shapes, simple colors.
I wanted this to be a knight. Knights kill dragons (St. George), and I thought about it, and what happens if there's a baby dragon? He'd really feel like crap. And the little dragon won't really know what's going on and start following him around. I'm trying to use color and simple shapes here. Tried spacial awareness. It's mostly about the feeling from the colors.




I love your posts and read them all the time.
ReplyDelete>.<' constructive... I'm gonna see if I can make this one into an AP piece without making it detailed.
ReplyDelete