I've never really wanted to work with sculpture. Clay, playdoh, plaster, it just never appealed to me. But two years ago, STACart did the year-long Frank Lloyd Wright project that turned people off from foamcore. Instead of using foamcore for one side of my house, I twisted brass wires (bassoon reed material) into spirals and embedded coins in the net. With one set of pilers.
To understand drawing (the illusion of three dimensions), I should make something that is truely in three dimentions. I want to make something real without a pencil, for once.
So, this can change, but I would like:
Wire
Lightbulb (that lights)
A 1'x1'x1' box
In other words, a glorified lamp. I would love the charge from a battery to be conducted throughout the whole cube, so that when the switch it turned, you wouldn't want to touch it. I like the idea of having a piece that creates its own light. And wires are like string.
Step 1. Research.
No comments:
Post a Comment