This workshop was when Karl found out I was taking notes.
I don't know what he was expecting of us, but no matter how much difficulty we had, we made books. It's a whole new thing to see a book you made with your own hands.
Now, what's a book that represents me? Or, what book would I like to make? Or, what book would I like to make in class that I can't make on my own? A book with buttons sewn on. A jeans book with a square border. A hexagon border. A thick book, 12"x3" with the spine on the long side, because I like sewing the papers together.
The big project for stac. Paper models, so far, but I want this to move into something else. But making a paper model is so interesting. I measure and mark lines and cut and tape and repeat repeat repeat. There's something therapeutic about that, and I'd get frustrated with keeping a wire work stable.
Quest project: piƱata. Balloons, tape, newspaper, glue, and a hairdryer. There is a final product, there is a definite process, and it's better than "I'm going to learn guitar".
No comments:
Post a Comment