I have an idea of what I want to do, I don't know how to make a project out of it.
I was taught that, to understand how to draw something, I should break it up into its shapes, thus rendering it into a two-dimentional figure within my own head. I don't know if other people do this, or if there is a better way to explain it.
I also recognize that I want to learn how to animate in a three-dimentional world after a two-dimentional world. But if I understand how to make 3D things, I think my 2D art will be better. 'Better', meaning I'll know how the thing I'm representing in 2D is in 3D.
If I made a full human sculpture, I would learn more than just drawing one side of it. And, I would be able to understand the side I'm drawing, and its relationship with the parts I do not see and do not represent.
I want to understand the world as a three-dimentional place by building three-dimentional things. Sculptures. Paper geometric shapes I don't know the names of.
So, this week:
Make more 3D geometric shapes with paper. Get an idea for a final piece.
What if I just make a wire and plaster human face? Or skull. Homo sapien, Homo erectus, and Homo habilius. Human evolution, models, and an anatomical understanding. But where will they go next year?
What if I made a 1'x1'x1' cube like the plan, and wire the lightbulb and battery inside it, and make a glorified lamp?
No comments:
Post a Comment