Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Book-Making.

Workshop with Carl. C? K?
I wasn't expecting to be working the first day, and I loved it. I was expecting history (interesting, but not helping with teaching), a personal history, a getting-to-know-you. We got right into ripping paper for our first books. I feel like I know how to professionally rip paper.
     Then, folding, and sewing the signatures (the clumps of papers in the sections) together. I'm glad my practice, for a time, involved sewing. And summers of lanyard leads to +3 Dex.
     And I want my big project to be a thick watercolor sketchbook with the cover size of 4 x 8, so when you open the page, you have a square. I want to do watercolor gesture-drawing, and figure out a way to miniaturize a watercolor set for travel. That's an Altoids tin. Red, yellow, blue, green, black, white. All I need is a mini-brush, and I'm set.

No comments:

Post a Comment