Listening: Clementine, Decemberists, Castaways and Cutouts
I actually got a lot done this workshop. I came in with a plan and I worked on it. I don't know if it was a good idea to come in with a straight idea, but listening to Karl talk with other people at my table helped, and I made a mock-up. I also ripped my paper, folded my signatures (I have 8), and put them under weight. My book may be as much as 1 1/2 inches thick. Oops. That's okay. I need to work on the outside cover of my book next week, which means cutting apart a pair of jeans. I'm making a watercolor sketchbook.
Luke keeps asking people 'what's your passion?', what do you really want to work on? I've spent this half of the year working with my hands. My original practice was sewing, and now it's cooking, and I'm making an armature model for my project. Craft things, hand-working things, small repetitive hand motions I can concentrate on.
And I read on CNN about LaneBryant's Lingerie Commercial. It isn't clear what happened, but the commercial didn't air during the time it was supposed to, because it was too racy. I don't like The View or whatever that's called on CNN, each person takes a biased view and they can't be in total opposition because they have to look good. I love the commercial, I love the support it's getting on youtube's comments, and I wish more people could see it.
This, in comparison with a New York Times magazine article about how "food is never just food", and watching what you and your child eats and talking to them about food and exercise and weight, but having them be healthy. This is too much for little girls. Just enjoy yourself.
No comments:
Post a Comment